General Surgery and Endosocopy
Laparoscopy is a procedure where a thin, lighted tube is inserted in your abdomen through a tiny incision. The surgeon can look through the laparoscope into your abdominal and pelvic cavity and can see whether the internal organs have any pathology.
At the tip of the laparoscope, a video camera is attached, which allows the user to view and record the image; and thus the terminology video laprosocopy. If any pathology is found during diagnostic laprosocpy, the doctors prefer to do operative laprosocopy and corrective action at the same sitting, so that the patient does not have to undergo another surgical procedure.
Some of the Common General Surgeries and Endoscopic Procedures.
- Laparoscopic/ Open Cholecystectomy for gall bladder stones.
- Common Bile Duct(CBD) surgery for common bile duct stones.
- Open and Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair.
- Hiatus Hernia Surgery(Open and Laparoscopic Fundoplication).
- Incisional/ Umbilical Hernia Mesh Repair.
- Lateral Pancreaticojejunostomy for Chronic Pancreatitis.
- Head Coring Surgery for Chronic Pancreatitis.
- Cystogastrostomy/ Cystojejunostomy for Pseudocysts.
- Surgery for Haemorroids(Piles)/ Fissure/Fistula/Abscess.
- Surgery for Appendix- Open and Laparosocpic.
- Varicose veins surgery
- Gall bladder removal
- Endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Thyroid surgery