Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Medical Tourism?
- “Medical Tourism” is the term given for individuals seeking treatment abroad. It has grown over time as the quality and the attractiveness of low cost medical treatment in countries such as India, Thailand, Singapore and Turkey have grown in reputation and stature.
As the cost and waiting times of medical treatment increase in countries, many people view this service as an effective and reliable alternative to expensive private health care. Many combine their treatment with a holiday to their destination, hence the term “Medical Tourism”.
On the other hand patients from developing countries go on medical tourism due to lack of facilities in their own countries.
- Why use Al Shifa Medical Tourism?
- Al Shifa Medical Tourism is an upcoming leading player in supporting individuals who are seeking medical treatment abroad. Our approach is to provide a quality service through our preferred partners who understand the requirements of our customers.
Furthermore we work with our customers to minimise the effort and energy in organising such treatment, allowing you to focus on your health and well-being. We work with partners who have the experience and capability for treating International patients.
- What medical treatments are available?
- We offer all treatments – view the full list of treatments
Our aim is to facilitate access to the best quality treatment and care to our customers. You can be assured of receiving quality service from our team of experienced professionals. We will work with you to ensure all your needs and preferences are met.
- How much will it cost?
- The cost of treatment will vary based on your individual requirements. We can however assure you that the cost will be significantly lower than private care in your country whilst delivering world-class quality treatment to you.
Please contact us and we will be more than happy to give you a tailored quote based upon your requirements.
- Do you give medical opinions and advice?
- Although we have medical expertise and a history of organising medical treatment abroad, our policy has been not to provide medical advice. Some of our partners can offer pre-treatment advice and opinion should you require it.
Our approach however, will ensure that the information collected will allow the medical team abroad to give appropriate advice and treatment.
- Do I have to tell my G.P.?
- Although going abroad for medical treatment is your choice and decision, we advise customers to inform their G.P. of the proposed treatment. Your G.P. may also be a point of contact with the after-care in which you receive when returning to your country.
- Which medical centres can I go to?
- India, Singapore and Turkey (all treatments).
- Can I go “sight-seeing”?
- Many other companies provide the option of “sight-seeing” whilst abroad. We are happy to organise this for you following authorisation from your doctor.
- Can I book my own travel arrangements?
- As part of our services we are happy to organise your travel and accommodation for you. You are however, free to organise your own arrangements though you will be responsible for ensuring that your travel coincides with any medical treatment.
- Can someone come along with me?
- Yes, and we would encourage you to take some one with you during your treatment. We can offer services such as airport pick-ups, nurse/doctor accompanied ambulances, chauffeur driven cars, hotel accommodation that will make your trip as smooth and stress free as possible.
- What about the language?
- All of our partner hospitals have fluent English speaking staff.
- I have a “special requirement”
- Following consultation with us, we will accommodate all special requirements where feasible. Please do tell us of such requirements so that we can make appropriate arrangements for you.
- What about “after-care”?
- Depending on your treatment you will be advised on the “after-care” program. We will also be a point of contact for 6 months after the treatment if you have any questions.
If you have any additional questions that you would like us to answer then please contact us and we will endeavor to respond as soon as possible.